Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LoTW version 1.14.1
08-06-2013, 12:26 PM,
LoTW version 1.14.1
Dear users,

ARRL has released a new versión of the Trusted QSL software.

Based on my testings, this version DON'T WORK under Swisslog. It prompts to enter the password certificate and an error is displayed when signing the file.

I have tried to copy the new TQSLLIB2.DLL in the Swisslog directory with no results.

However the good news is that version 1.13 STILL WORKS GREAT.

So I really recommend all of you to NOT update to the new Trusted QSL version.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
08-06-2013, 05:51 PM,
RE: LoTW version 1.14.1
(08-06-2013, 12:26 PM)ea3gcv Wrote: Dear users,

Based on my testings, this version DON'T WORK under Swisslog. It prompts to enter the password certificate and an error is displayed when signing the file.

I have tried to copy the new TQSLLIB2.DLL in the Swisslog directory with no results.

Best 73

Hello Jordi

Any ideas to how we can " downgrade" ro 1.13 ???

Arne OZ4VW
08-06-2013, 07:46 PM,
Sad  RE: LoTW version 1.14.1

Best 73

Hi Jordi,

I didn´t upgrade to the latest Trusted QSL software, i working with 1.13. On my last LoTW synchronization the process stopped for a SWISSLOG field assigment. The new filed from the LoTW is APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP. Do you know at wich SWISSLOG field should we assign it?
I supect that in close future and when we have to request a certificate renew we will have to move to the latest LoTW software...
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM,
(08-06-2013, 05:51 PM)OZ4VW-Arne Wrote:

Best 73

Hello Jordi

Arne OZ4VW

You can DOWNGRADE reinstalling tqsl 1.13 directly. Now is working ok at my side again without deinstalling anything.
Good luck.
09-06-2013, 11:57 AM,
(08-06-2013, 09:28 PM)EC1CUN Wrote:
(08-06-2013, 05:51 PM)OZ4VW-Arne Wrote:

Best 73

Hello Jordi

Arne OZ4VW

You can DOWNGRADE reinstalling tqsl 1.13 directly. Now is working ok at my side again without deinstalling anything.
Good luck.

Hi
I Work Again
Arne OZ4VW
10-06-2013, 08:02 AM,
Hi All,

I'm using SWL 5.8 on WinXP sp3 (with tqsllib2.dll ver 2.0.0 and tsqllib.dll on the running folder) and just upgraded to 1.14.1 without noticeable problem.
I can upload / download / syncronyze from LoTW just as before.

I downloaded the new release from Lotw and followed the installing instructions, that mean just run the update without unistalling the old version first !

After this, I also update my subscription for 3 years more ... also without problem.

What type of OS are you running ?

Best 73' Pietro / HB9RXC
10-06-2013, 11:56 PM,
(10-06-2013, 08:02 AM)hb9rxc Wrote: What type of OS are you running ?

Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
73 de Vic, CT1AXS
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 08:41 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all!

I made the testings under Windows 8. Some users haven't got any problem installing the new version of TrustedQSL and Swisslog under Windows XP and even under Windows 8. However others had problems under Windows XP too... strange thing.

Regarding the field assignment for the new Lotw field APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP, if you assign an * as destination field the QSO would be ignored from the syncronization and its status in Swisslog will stay as UPLOADED. This behaviour normally happens in QSO on digital modes where the mode group is DATA. I need to perform more testings but I suggest you to assign a field you don't use often and different from the diploma fields (L_NOTE would be a good candidate). In this way those QSO with special digital modes not recognised by Lotw will be checked as CONFIRMED. I will be back at home next week and I will perform more testings but I think this solution will work.

Any feedback will be appreciated

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
20-06-2013, 05:30 PM,
Dear users,

I have been doing some testings under Windows XP and Windows 8 and that's my personal conclusion:

- Using LoTW version 1.14.1 under Windows XP or Windows 8 I always got the same error syncronising with Swisslog. It seems that some users haven't got any problems with this version but this is not the general behaviour. So I highly recommend you to still use version 1.13.

- During syncronization, when Swisslog prompts you to assign a field to APP_LoTW_MODEGROUP, select the Swisslog field C_NOTE (or L_NOTE if you wish). In this way all QSO's will be syncronized regarding which mode were worked on.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV