Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC7610 CAT not working
27-02-2020, 01:19 AM,
IC7610 CAT not working
Hi,

I get the CAT connected but the frequency is not changing with it. When I click on the start button the frequency will change, but not while I'm tuning (dialing on the VFO).

These are my setting:

- Tranceiver ICOM
- Start automaticly is ON
- Show TX status on toolbar is ON
- ICOM TX address is 98 (CIV)
- Scan for TX Adress is ON
- Time between.... 1/10 sec: 1

COMMUNICATION PORT

- COM 4
- Baud rate: 19200
- Parity: None
-Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 2

The rest is not clicked upon

- Trace is ON

HAS ANYONE GOT HIS IC7610 CONNECTED TO SWISSLOG?? AND IS WORKING??

Connection in N1MM works fine...

27-02-2020, 01:36 AM,
RE: IC7610 CAT not working
Hello,

Uncheck the "Scan TX Address" option because you are already setting the Hex address. This option is useful if you don't know the Hex address. ICOM uses 1 Stop bits not 2. Trace option is only to see the COM port communication for debugging purposes. I recommend to uncheck it.

If you use WSJT-X, JTDX, FLDIGI or any other external digital modes program linked with Swisslog, I recommend to use OmniRig or VSPE to share CAT among all these applications. Please read this link:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...rt.htm#CAT

You will also find it in the Swislsog help: Digital Modes Interfaces > Setup > Important about transceiver control.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
27-02-2020, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 27-02-2020, 11:45 PM by on6cc.)
Hi Jordi!

Thanks for your quick reply! I tried the option you refered to but it didn't work. What did work for me is OMNIRIG. I installed this small program and it worked for me. I use the Microkeyer II, so I can use 2 com ports to communicate with Swisslog and JTDX at the same time. So for ICOM users is this the option I guess.

Best 73

Marc
28-02-2020, 02:36 PM,
Hi Marc,

Yes, OmniRig is one of the best options nowadays where sharing CAT is a must between several applications. You can achieve it to make it working /(I have a IC-756Pro3) with VSPE but OmniRig is easiest to set up.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog