Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QRZ upload without "QRZLOGID" sync
28-02-2020, 02:28 PM,
QRZ upload without "QRZLOGID" sync
Dear Jordi,

I have now changed my pc to a Win10 pc and installed Swisslog 5.99f.

After the first QSOs everything works well, including real time uploads to Hamlog, eQSL and QRZ, with one exception: the field "QRZLOGID" is no longer synchronized when uploading to QRZ.

On my old pc with Windows Vista and Swisslog 5.99d this field was synchronized every time during the QRZ real time upload.

I have already tried to find the mistake by comparing different program options between both versions on both pc's, but I cannot find any difference.

Do you have any idea or suggestion? Or is this field no longer supported with newer versions?

Thank you in advance!

73, Peter DL5UG

28-02-2020, 02:49 PM,
RE: QRZ upload without "QRZLOGID" sync
Hello Peter,

Yes you are right!!! I have uploaded a Beta correcting this:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Simply replace the EXE in the Swisslog folder. Let me know if it's working well.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-02-2020, 03:26 PM,
Dear Jordi,

this solves the problem, but it brings another one!

After having started Swisslog and activated UDP (and when Swisslog shows the call sign and has completed the data from QRZ.com), the following error message appears:

After clicking OK the QSO may be logged, but not completely: "RST sent", "RST received" and "QSO notice" are not saved nor uploaded to Hamlog, eQSL and QRZ logbook.

Do you have any idea?

For the moment I switch back to my former version 5.99f.

73, Peter DL5UG
28-02-2020, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-02-2020, 04:46 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Peter,

Sorry this Beta needs the latest statistic file as well!! Go to the Download section and download the latest Statistic file. Extract and replace the SWLSTAT.MDB in the Swisslog folder. 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
28-02-2020, 04:42 PM,
Dear Jordi,

thank you very much for your fast support. Everything is now working perfect!

73, Peter DL5UG
28-02-2020, 04:47 PM,
Hello Peter,

Please download and replace again the EXE because I think I uploaded a wrong one!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
28-02-2020, 05:58 PM,
Dear Jordi,

I have just downloaded the exe-file again - it has the same size. I will test now.

73, Peter DL5UG
28-02-2020, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-02-2020, 06:26 PM by dl5ug.)
Dear Jordi,

after once again having downloaded and replaced the beta-exe I found one issue: The "QSO Notice" is uploaded to Hamlog and to QRZ logbook, but NOT to eQSL!

Do you have any idea? Have I loaded the wrong exe?

73, Peter DL5UG
28-02-2020, 07:48 PM,
Hello Peter,

This is not an issue, it's a new feature of the next Swisslog version (included in this Beta). Now you will have to set specifically in the Comments field the notes you want to display as QSLMSG on eQSL by means of the tag "QSLMSG:"

Please read this thread where all this is explained in detail:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=692

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
29-02-2020, 10:18 AM,
Dear Jordi,

thank you for your explanation. I have now added the "QSLMSG:" tag in each comment, and it works fine.

But to be honest: I do not need to distinguish between eQSL and all the others. My "QSO notice" now looks like:

Tnx for nice QSO! 73, Peter QSLMSG: Tnx for nice QSO! 73, Peter

As you can see, the information before and after the tag is redundant. And in case of an export to an ADIF file, each "QSO notice" field has to be changed manually. Confused

Therefore I have the following proposal:

- If a user wants to distinguish between eQSL and all the others, he has to use the "QSLMSG:" tag. The information after the tag will be sent to eQSL, the information before the tag will be sent to all the others.

- If a user DOES NOT want to distinguish between eQSL and all the others, he MUST NOT use the "QSLMSG:" tag. The information in the comment field will be sent to eQSL AND all the others.

Wouldn't that be good?

73, Peter DL5UG