Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWISSLOG Version 5.9a installing on two different drives
16-02-2015, 12:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015, 11:47 AM by dk8sr.)
SWISSLOG Version 5.9a installing on two different drives
SWISSLOG Version 5.9a 12.02.2015

Hi there,
I installed above SWISSLOG on my PC on drive C. Now I wanted to install it also on drive D. But when I run the Setup file it always tries to install it on drive C instead of drive D. Is there anyone who knows the Problem?

Thanks in advance
Paul DK8SR
16-02-2015, 01:25 PM,
RE: SWISSLOG Version 5.9a installing on two different drives
Hello Paul,

This is not a problem... It's a normal behaviour in Windows with most programs. There is no reason to install more than one copy of Swisslog in any computer. From version 5.9 when you install Swisslog it adds a key in the Windows registry. This is done so that for future updates the installer detects the Swisslog installation folder automatically to perform any update process. If you uninstall Swisslog the registry key is also deleted.

Why you want a copy of the Swisslog program in drive D:? it's the same computer so you only need one program installation but you can have as many logs as you want in the folders or drives you want, but ONLY one Swisslog installation.  Later you can open and select any Swisslog database located anywherebut always from a single Swisslog installation.

If you want a backup copy you only need a backup of your Swisslog databsase, your personal reports and if you want to keep the configuration file then copy the SWISSLV5.INI. Nothing else. You can copy the whole Swisslog folder into another drive if do you prefer but it's not needed.

Let me know what you want to do exactly but you don't need to install Swisslog twice in a single computer.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-03-2020, 10:51 AM,
Hello Jordi,

I'm afraid I haven't answered you, anyway, this problem has solved. Then I want to express my thank for all you have done to keep SWISSLOG running.

A new problem on my side: I'm using Version 5.99d right now, ufb no problem. But since I've uploaded to 5.99f and try to run it, there pops the following error message every five seconds: "The Microsoft Jet-Databasemodul does not find entrytable 'INF_TABLESLASTUPDATE'."

Any idea?

Thanks in advance Jordi,
73 Paul DK8SR
11-03-2020, 11:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-03-2020, 11:21 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Paul,

Seems something has not been updated properly. First make sure you have the SWLSTAT.MDB file in the Swisslog folder (where the EXE file is located). Run Swisslog then go to Tools / For experts only / Open Stat DB and select the SWLSTAT.MDB from the Swisslog folder.

If error messages don't disappear, download latest Statistic file from the Download section (simply unzip the file SWLSTAT.ZIP and extract the SWLSTAT.MDB into the Swisslog folder, overwriting the existing one).

If still in trouble try this solution: https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=680

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
13-03-2020, 10:31 AM,
Thanks Jorge,

no success! I could not find any SWLSTAT.MDB file on my PC. Where can I get this?

Version 5.99d is running properly! The state-bar at the bottom shows: DB = C:\DB\Swlog_v5_BAK.MDB DB-Version=0534

Just when I try to update to Version 5.99f I get this error message!

Could you imagine what's going wrong?

Thanks in advance, 73
Paul DK8SR

PS: No need to hurry!
13-03-2020, 08:08 PM,
Hi Paul,

Swisslog can't run without the Swlstat. Mdb file. That's the reason of your issue. Please download latest Statistic file from the Download section, Unzip the file in the Swisslog folder then follow the instructions given in my last message about going to Tools /For experts only...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
18-03-2020, 06:37 PM,
Thanks Jordi,
after trying and testing for quite a while, I finally deleted the whole SWISSLOG-folder, uploaded and installed Version 5.99f as a complete one. After a few hours of configuration-work it runs perfectly!

73 Paul DK8SR
19-03-2020, 01:08 AM,
Hi Paul,

Well done because I think you had a bit bundle on there! I suggest you to rename your database to SWLOG_v5.MDB. The BAK suffix is used to identify a backup copy when compressing the database, to restore it in case of problems. As it's now you will soon have a file named SWLOG_V5_BAK_BAK.MDB which will be an automatic backup copy. That's why I suggest you to use the default name (without the BAK) or use any other file name if you wish to identify your database (i.e. DK8SR.MDB).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
31-03-2020, 02:45 PM,
Tnx Jorge,

73 Paul, DK8SR