Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logs with two different stations in two locations.
03-04-2020, 04:07 PM,
Logs with two different stations in two locations.
Hello Jordi,
I now have two stations with two callsigns in two different regions here in Brazil.
PY1FR and PS8CW.
How do I create the two Logs in Swisslog, independent of each other, including uploads to eQSL, Lotw, HRDlog etc.
It's possible?
73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
03-04-2020, 04:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2020, 04:54 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Logs with two different stations in two locations.
Hello Fernando,

Of course!! it's one of the interesting features of Swisslog!! You have to create a new MyQTH with the new call, with all the details, QTH locator, working conditions etc. Once you have created this in Swisslog you have to do this according the online service:

- LOTW: request a new certificate and once you have it active, create a new station location for such call and link this Station Location with the corresponding MyQTH (the one you have just created) in the LOTw configuration of Swisslog. Also set the certificate password if you set any.

-eQSL: you have to create a new eQSL account and assign a QTH Nickname in such account (the same as you should have done in your current eQSL account). Afterwards, set this eQSL Nickname in the corresponding MyQTH in the eQSL configuration

- Club Log: enter your CLub Log account then go to Settings / Callsigns and add your new callsign. In Swisslog you only have to select your current MyQTH used in the Add QSO window while adding QSO. Swisslog will upload the QSO with your current callsign. But you have to add it first to your Club Log account otherwise it won't be recognised and you will get errors.

- HRDLOG: Go to your HRDLOG account, Utilities > New callsign and add your new callsign. Afterwards works the same as Club Log.

- HAMQTH: works the same as HRDLOG. You have to go to your HAMQTH account, Settings > Add a new callsign. 
- QRZ: you need to create a new Logbook in your QRZ account then copy the assigned API KEY. In the Online logbooks configuration you will have to set the corresponding API Key for each of your callsigns
- HAMLOG: you need to create a new account for every callsign  in HAMLOG. In the Online logbooks configuration you can set a password for every of your callsigns defined in all your MyQTH

Please read the following chapters in the Swisslog help:

- Lotw support > Preparation for LOTW
- eQSL support > Preparation for eQSL
- Online logbooks

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
03-04-2020, 05:40 PM,
Many Thanks Jordi,

Very good news!

I need to create a new Logbook database? And after a new QTH?
Sorry by  my doubts.

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
03-04-2020, 08:52 PM,
Hello Fernando,

You have to create a new MyQTH in the same database! You don't need to create a new database at all! You can handle all your different callsigns and different locations in the same database. In fact, you can create statistics reports specifically for any MyQTH. By default, statistics reports count all MyQTH, but you can select a specific MyQTH is you need to know totals for a specific statistic. For instance, you can see a statistic report for your new callsign by simply checking this MyQTH when creating the statistic report. The only reason to create a different database is if you are adding a new callsign which is not your callsign or if this callsigns belongs to a different DXCC. If you create a new database for your new call, you need to open the new database whenever you want to use this call, see statistic reports, perform LoTW/eQSL synch etc. Using a single database it's just a matter of selecting your desired MyQTH wit a single click in the MyQRH tab in the Add QSO window and Swisslog will do the rest when uploading to online logbooks. Even more, with just 2 clicks, Swisslog will synch to LoTW/eQSL ALL your defined MyQTh. Easier isn't it? This is why Swislsog is one the best programs (maybe the best) handling multiple callsigns/QTH.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
03-04-2020, 09:03 PM,
Many Thanks Jordi.
I think I need to use a new database because my new Call is necessary to operate in my secondary QTH in another sate of Brazil, so new DXCC I think.
And I intend to use the 2 calls in diferentes times.

Yes the Swisslog is the best!

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
03-04-2020, 11:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 12:02 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi Fernando,

That's not a reason! Your New callsign belongs to Brazil! Even if you use it in another QTH you only have to use the same database in both QTH! You simply have to copy the most updated database to your current QTH (wherever it is). And copy back your database into the other QTH when you finish operation. Just move it from one QTH into another! Keep things easy!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
04-04-2020, 08:15 PM,
Ok Jordi,
You are Right!
It´s not necessary creates a new database!
If a have another doubts I will make a new contact.
73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil