Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World map blank.
01-05-2020, 02:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2020, 02:24 PM by G4UGB.)
RE: World map blank.
Hello Jordi,

Many thanks - deleting the map file and reinstalling SWL cured it - the map is back in all its glory !!!

However - sad to relate - I seem to have an additional issue. It happened at the same time as SWL crashed and I lost the map. It was not communicating with the transceiver in that the frequency and mode stopped displaying at the top of the SWL screen. I thought the re-install would sort that out too but it hasn't.

I use an Icom 7610 with the CAT address 98h. When I put this into the transceiver interface - SWL does not accept it initially E0 was in the address window - an error window pops up and says '$98h is not a valid integer value' and then it seems to want to default to E0. However I got it to accept 98h but now the mode and frequency display will not start automatically - and will only change within SWL when I hit the 'start' button in the Transceiver Interface panel.

This worked perfectly up until this crash. I have no idea what has happened.

Any thoughts ?? The COM port used for SWL is from a virtual COM port on my Microham Microkeyer III and like I say - it all worked perfectly fine before this crash the other day so I am puzzled as to what has happened.

** Quick Edit - I note that if I shift click on a spot frequency in the DX Messages window - the SWL frequency display and mode changes to match and the transceiver changes frequency to the spot frequency. But if I rotate the dial on the transceiver or change mode - the SWL frequency and mode remain as they were and don't change - until I go into the Transceiver Interface and hit the start button again.

Regards,

Richard

Messages In This Thread
World map blank. - by G4UGB - 01-05-2020, 01:09 AM
RE: World map blank. - by EA3GCV - 01-05-2020, 02:06 AM
RE: World map blank. - by G4UGB - 01-05-2020, 02:08 PM
RE: World map blank. - by G4UGB - 01-05-2020, 02:53 PM