Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eliminate Callsign AddOn (e.g. /QRP)
10-07-2020, 12:42 PM,
eliminate Callsign AddOn (e.g. /QRP)
Hello,
have not found in online-docu and also not here...

I have SwissLog running with connection WSJT-X -> JTAlert -> Swisslog.
Swisslog is synchronising all QSOs in all possible Online-Logs.
Those is working very well ;-) (thanks so far).

If a user is calling with an addition (e.g. /QRP or /P) those information is stored in SwissLog as CallSign, also synchronised in OnlineLogs.
But there it can't be found a match. The CallSign has to be without the extension.

Is there a way to 'eliminate' the additional information and save only the pure CallSign (and synchronise this) ?

vy 73 Roland, DK4RH
vy 73 - DK4RH, Roland
11-07-2020, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 04:42 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: eliminate Callsign AddOn (e.g. /QRP)
Hello Roland,

If someone is transmitting as EA3GCV/P or EA3GCV/QRP is his/her responsability to upload logs the same way he/she is transmitting. Unfortunately there are many hams not doing things properly and afterwards no match is found in LoTW or any other online services. If you use the eQSL synch provided by Swisslog and you uncheck the option "Get ONLY confirmed QSls", you will get a full report after synchronization informing which confirmations have arrived and they are not in your log. You can edit then your QSO entry in such cases.

But it's impossible to know whether the QSO partner will upload QSOs without the /P or /QRP. If you save the QSO without /P or /QRP and the QSO partner uploads QSO correctly, no matches will be found either. In both cases you will have the same problem.

Summing up: common sense says that you have to enter the callsign as it was transmitted. Do other things is entering in the Twilight Zone!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-08-2020, 12:35 AM,
Hi Jordi,
those do not work. I was active with another call (DF70DARC). And those with two TRX in the same time. Here I can work only with the created ADIF-Files of both WSJT-X instances. In this case I send the original ADI-Files to the diplome guys. Made a copy of them, changed the entry of station to my callsign and added the info in the comment field. Those was the import for Swisslog.
End of this month I will have the same situation with another special callsign (DP70DARC).

73 Roland
vy 73 - DK4RH, Roland
11-08-2020, 07:51 AM,
Hi Roland,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want to mean... I think you have replied another question in this thread which is about /QRP stations.. Could you please explain in detail what's your exact issue?

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog