Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telnet DX Cluster problems.
15-09-2020, 03:04 PM,
Telnet DX Cluster problems.
Hello Jordi,

Could you advise please - since the last upgrade I am unable to raise the EA1DX-5 cluster and it gives me a 'Timed Out Socket Error 10060'. I read a previous thread on here where you mentioned a fix but I have added SWL exclusions to both Windows Defender Firewall and my Malwarebytes Anti-Virus program to no avail.

If I go into 'Active Servers' and remove EA1DX-5 'Stop All Servers' it disappears from the Active Server window and also removes it from the Active Server Window completely. If I then check the list of 'Available Servers - it is not checked. I then check GB7AAA ((for instance) but it also comes back with Timed out Socket 10060 error. Seems like I cannot connect to any Cluster server - but yet my DX Messages list slowly (SLOWLY) partially fills up over time.

Next time I try it - it starts trying to connect to EA1DX-5 again (with the same Socket 10060 error) - yet that is not ticked as an available server but - it appears back in the Active Server window as if somewhere in SWL it is programmed to automatically connect to this server ??

Any tips or advice how I might cure this issue ??

Kind Regards,

Richard G4UGB
16-09-2020, 12:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-09-2020, 12:36 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Telnet DX Cluster problems.
Hello Richard,

EA1DX-5 server changed the address since 2nd september. Go to View / Telnet Control Window >Available servers then EDIT the EA1DX-5 server and change HOST by this one:

ea1dx.lynxdxg.com

It will work as usual. Because the Telnetservers.bin file is not replaced on upgrades (otherwise user settings will be lost) I will inform about this on next release.

However you can connect to any Telnet server you like. Simply select another server and edit to Auto Start. Uncheck Auto Start then save on EA1DX-5 if you won't use it anymore.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-09-2020, 01:21 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you - I changed the address to what you said but - still get the error message

;Disconnected (185.73.168.155:23/ Socket Error #10060 Connection timed out'.

But like I mentioned in the last message - SWL is excluded in both my Windows Defender Firewall and in my Malwarebytes anti-virus software. I seem to be connected to GB7AAA however and the DX Messages window is populating. So no change - to the problem - but thank you again for the reply.

Kind Regards,

Richard G4UGB
17-09-2020, 04:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-09-2020, 04:59 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Richard,

I guess you have not changed the address correctly. You have to edit the EA1DX-5 entry in the Available servers list on the Telnet control window then change the Host field then save.

If you are connected to other server then uncheck the AutoStart option in the EA1DX-5 entry the save.

Jordi, EA3GCV
17-09-2020, 06:50 PM,
Hello Jordi,

Thank you for the reply but yes I have checked and the address you gave me for EA1DX-5 is correct in the list of servers - I have appended the screen shot of the box for you to look at.

Or have I made an error elsewhere in the box perhaps ???

Kind Regards,

Richard G4UGB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

18-09-2020, 06:39 PM,
Hi Richard,

I'm a little bit interested in ... saw the login and that port 23 is used.
Have done the configuration (only parameter adapted for my and my location). Is running well.

What makes my wonder - the host seems to use another Dialin to the internet in the result it get an IP-Adress in another range.
currently it has 80.34.3.9 (can be checked with ping ea1dx.lynxdxg.com)
Think you could check, if your error-message is from the IP-Address, which you get via the ping.

Maybe for another host 'automatic starting' is active ?

73 de Roland, DK4RH
vy 73 - DK4RH, Roland
18-09-2020, 09:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 18-09-2020, 09:03 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello Richard,

Yes, your settings are ok... maybe the commands you have added after the /S $$$$ are doing something to avoid a right connection. Delete them and try again. But here is working well.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
18-09-2020, 11:23 PM,
Hello Jordi - (and thanks to Roland DK4RH for the comments),

I deleted everything after the $$$$ in the script that you suggested and bingo - it connected immediately. I haven't a clue really - as to why that should be because it always connected instantly with those script additions previously. Anyway - it is now working and instant population of the DX Messages window again. I wasn't even aware that I had somehow - added those extra scripting commands to be honest I thought they were inserted by SWL.

BIG thank you again Jordi !!! Wink

73 de Richard G4UGB