Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta versions info
30-10-2020, 05:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-01-2022, 11:54 PM by EA3GCV.)
Beta versions info
Hello,

Beta versions contains all enhancements which will be implemented in the next official release. It may contain new functions or corrections. Beta versions are open for all users to test but keep in mind it may contain bugs so test it at your own risk!. I'm not responsible if something goes wrong! 

For your info (and tranquility) I'm always working with latest beta in my daily ham radio activity. Before uploading a beta I always test it for a while so there are few possibilities to find very important bugs (although it may happen...). However, it's important to me to have beta testers to inform me if something goes wrong before releasing an official version.

IMPORTANT: Do the following before using a beta version:

• Perform a backup copy of your existing database.
  • Rename your existing SwisslV5.exe before using the latest beta (i.e: SwisslV5_old.exe). In case of problems you can revert to the original version by deleting the beta and rename the original file to SwisslV5.exe.

Once you have renamed the original Swisslog executable file, download and copy latest beta in the Swisslog folder by clicking on this link:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

Your antivirus may inform you this file may be dangerous. This is a normal behaviour because it detects that only the EXE file has been modified and releases a warning to the user. Keep calm, ignore this message and run Swisslog. Swisslog is free of virus!

If you will use the beta, please send me an e-mail to support@swisslogforwindows.com to know which users are using it. Feel free to write me if you find any bug.

Beta versions will have the same version number of latest official version but the release date changes (check latest Beta date in Help / About ...).

I will post messages in this thread for latest beta available including all changes included. In order to avoid a long list of messages, this thread will only contain beta versions for current official version. As soon as I release the official version, beta messages will be deleted. This way this thread will always contain latest beta changes.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
17-05-2021, 09:02 PM,
RE: Beta versions info
Hi Jordi. I tried to install beta versions from 18 April and today but on each occasion it will not run. I receive the message that KBHook.dll is missing and I should re-install the program. However, it is listed in the Swisslog folder and also in the Windows/System32 folder. I have managed to install beta updates before 18 April. Any ideas?

Reg
17-05-2021, 11:41 PM,
Hi Reg,

This happen because you are executing the file outside the Swisslog folder!! I clearly explain that you need to copy the EXE file in the Swisslog folder. It's not an installer, it's the Swisslog executable file.

Jordi, EA3GCV
18-05-2021, 12:53 AM,
Hi Jordi. Ah yes, I remember you mentioned that once before. Please excuse my stupidity and my old age!

Thank you.

Reg
G3WPF
15-08-2021, 11:08 PM,
RE: Beta released on 13th August 2021
I am using Win4Icom suite as TX control - both locally and remote. Will this S-meter and power output thing also work with Win4Icom? I get both S-meter and power output in Win4Icom, so I just wonder if this beta is worth testing, or if I just wait to the next general update?

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
16-08-2021, 10:23 AM,
Hello Tom,

I contacted with the author of Win4Icom because it's not sending these commands through the AUX ports. Although AUX ports works like if you are connected directly to the radio, Win4Icom must send all commands from radio but this is not the case. It only sends some commands. He told me he will implement these commands in a next release of Win4Icom.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
17-08-2021, 09:01 AM,
(16-08-2021, 10:23 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Tom,

I contacted with the author of Win4Icom because it's not sending these commands through the AUX ports. Although AUX ports works like if you are connected directly to the radio, Win4Icom must send all commands from radio but this is not the case. It only sends some commands. He told me he will implement these commands in a next release of Win4Icom.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,
Great. So I'll wait for next release of Win4Icom and also Swisslog. Thanks for clarification!

Best 73
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
23-11-2021, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-11-2021, 08:46 PM by G0OFE.)
Hello,

Tried to download the beta, but getting a 404.......

[EDIT] Disregard - i guess I chose my time badly as it was obviously just being updated! Got it now.