Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get LOTW QSOs: 0 QSOs downloaded
11-11-2020, 09:36 PM,
Get LOTW QSOs: 0 QSOs downloaded
Hi I'm on a new PC, just copied as always the folder swisslog in C:\Program Files (x86) then installed the last vs 5.100e, then trustQSL 2.5.5 activated with a valid certificate. This time something it's going wrong.

Now I'm trying to Synchronize Lotw but i Get always:

Downloading QSOs from LOTW
0 QSOs downloaded from LOTW
Downloading QSLs fron LOTW
0 QSLs downloaded from LOTW

Sometime in 1 seconds and sometime it' doesn't work and I have to stop this step / procedure and I see a red message: Internet busy try later

Tryied also to execute only the first step 'Get LOTW QSOs'  and going back to 2019 or 2018, always 0 download
Export, sign and upload seem to be working; all today QSOs are on LOTW web page.

I don't see any error List / Messages

In the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Swisslog\LOTW there is only SWL-LOTW.ini file

Reinstalled, rebooted, removed e reinstalled Lotw location / certificate etc, nothing...

Tnx for any help ;-)

HB9ODP Mattia
11-11-2020, 11:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 11:11 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Get LOTW QSOs: 0 QSOs downloaded
Hello Mattia,

According to your explanation I guess you are migrating from an old PC to a new PC.

Firstly: Which folder was Swisslog installed in your old PC?
Secondly: which folder have you installed the new version?

Years ago the installer installed Swisslog in the Program Files folder, but it was changed later to C:\Swisslog to avoid system protection issues. If you had Swisslog installed in your old PC in the Program Files folder and you have installed the new version in C:\Swisslog, then your old files are not used at all. 

The solution to this bundle is the following:

- Copy your Swisslog folder from your old PC in C: instead of Program Files(x86). That is C:\Swisslog.
- Edit the SwisslV5.ini located in the Swisslog folder then replace all C:\Program Files(x86)\Swisslog string by C:\Swisslog. Mouse right click on this file, select Edit then use the Replace function of Notepad to replace all coincidences.
- Apply the same in the SWL_LOTW.ini located in the LoTW folder
- Once you have done this, install new version in the default folder C:\Swisslog. It will upgrade all your existing files.

You should have everything working again. If you still have problems, I would need to check remotely via Teamviewer. Contact me via whatsapp to +34 656409020.

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
12-11-2020, 09:24 PM,
Hello Jordi, thanks for all infos, yes, my MS Windows 7 PC is died so moved to MS Windows 10; removed swisslog, copied my backup to c:\swisslog, changed all paths in SwisslV5.ini (yes before was in c:\program files ...), in SWL_LOTW.ini there are any path and then installed the new 5.100e vs on c:\swisslog.
Also changed the rights for the folder c:\swisslog, disabled antivirus.

Same, only in the first step on getting qso / qsl, then export sign etc still working.

Tomorrow I try again another time, maybe before I try with the old version. Then we can arrange a Teamviwer session.

Thanks
Mattia
16-11-2020, 07:33 PM,
I tried again in a new path, a network share in my NAS (mapped as S:\) and now it works correctly.
;-)

Thanks for help Jordi, 73