Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Worked All Counties CQ USA-CA) award
24-01-2021, 09:39 AM,
RE: US Worked All Counties CQ USA-CA) award
Fantastic, Jordi! I will check this out ASAP.

I have another question related to this, and this is in connection with the discussion about HomeQTH: I am well on the way on bringing the existing Swisslog database for JW5E club station up to date by registering all the received qsl cards, a work that was unfortuately dicontinued when the qsl manager JW5NM was SK in 2009. 2000 cards processed, 8000 more to go. 

Because the bulk of the cards are from USA and Canada, checking the county and compare what the qsl card says, sometimes checking the ZIP code as well, and compare it to a lookup in the QRZ database is pretty tedious.

For a lot of the cards received after the year 2000, QRZ provides data that are consistent with the card, but for the older cards I very often have to fill in State (Region) and County (SUBREGION) manually. When the holder of a callsign has moved, e.g. retired and moved to Florida, I have tried to create a new QTH name like for example "Miami, FL" for the new QTH, and e.g. "Flat Rock, MI" for the old stated on the card. 

Sometimes the holder of the callsign has changed, and I have to fill in all data manually, which is also the case when the callsign no longer exists in QRZ, and the holder  apparently is SK.

In your opinion, is this a sensible way of handling this, and do you think the situation where one callsign is assigned to several counties will be caught by your report?

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Worked All Counties CQ USA-CA) award - by JW6VDA - 24-01-2021, 09:39 AM