Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on interfacing to IC7610
20-03-2021, 11:25 PM,
Questions on interfacing to IC7610
Hi everyone.
I am converting to Swisslog and have a few questions.
I have a IC7610, and the Transceiver control window on the tool bar when in FT8 mode form JTDX/JTALERT  shows the mode as RTTY. 
2 Questions
1)Since the 7610 uses USB-Dx (1,2,or 3), for the FT8/FT4 mode, can I map those to show as FT8/FT4 on that window?
2) is it possible to show VFO B also?

Chuck K0XM

yes I am using Omni-rig with a 7610-DATA file.
21-03-2021, 01:27 AM,
RE: Questions on interfacing to IC7610
Hello Chuck,

First of all thank you for using Swisslog! I'm sure you won't regret it.

Regarding your question, OmniRig sets RTTY to all DATA modes, this is normal. But when a QSO is passed from WSJT/JTDX into Swisslog the right QSO mode is set. If you want to see SSB instead of RTTY you would have to setup your ICOM directly in Swisslog but because real COM ports can't be shared, you will need to use VSPE or similar program to use a virtual COM port which can be shared. Summing up: you don't have to worry about that because the real mode of operation is saved in the QSO.

Swisslog only reads VFO A and it's not reading VFO B so it can't be displayed. If you need a better CAT control you can use an external program supported by Swisslog (and also by WSJT-X and JTDX) such as HRD, DxLab Commader or TRX Manager where you can get full control over the radio.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
21-03-2021, 03:51 AM,
Thanks Jordi,
'I have WinSuite4Icom as the frontend to the 7610, and it has 6 virtaul radio comports (using com0com), so moving from Omnirig is not a problem. I will give that a try and see what everything looks like.

Chuck K0XM
21-03-2021, 03:14 PM,
Then you simply have to create a virtual port for every software and setup your transceiver directly as Icom. It will be the best configuration for you!

Please let me know the results

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
23-03-2021, 12:29 AM,
It works great Jordi. I have been using it for over a year now. I can bring up N1MM JTDX and Swisslog and have full CIV controll with the virtual radios, plus access the radio from work if I want.