Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing from DX Commander
21-06-2021, 05:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-06-2021, 05:26 PM by G0BON.)
Importing from DX Commander
Hello 
I have recently installed Swisslog as I have seen some highly acclaimed comments about swisslog from a recent newsletter.

I run sometimes QRP and for award purposes would like to extract out of the report whether the QSO was  1 way QRP or 2 way?QRP.

Dxkeeper uses the field RX_PWR

If I import an Adif file from DXkeeper how do I create this field so I can see all my existing received power?

I can then through reports check the MyQTH power and RX_PWR

Regards Ivan
21-06-2021, 06:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-06-2021, 06:44 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Importing from DX Commander
Hello Ivan,

First of all, thank you for giving Swisslog a try. I'm sure you won't regret it! Simply use the Swisslog help (press F1 while in any function) of search the contents of the Swisslog help (Help / Contents). 

Swisslog handles this by means of MyQTH and/or Working conditions. I understand that you work regularly as G0BON and G0BON/QRP when you work on QRP. In such case you have to create 2 My QTH (one for every callsign). Moreover, you have to create 2 different working conditions: one for your regular activity and another for your QRP operations. You can set the Tx Power in every working conditions. This way you will be able to select the different working conditions on every MyQTH. This allows you a lot of combinations!

Before importing your DX Commander QSOs, you have to split the QSOs made on QRP to finally have 2 ADIF files: one for your regular activity and other containing only the QRP QSOs. So when importing these files in Swisslog you have to select the proper MyQTH  / working conditions combination which will be assigned to the imported QSOs.

You can split the ADIF file easily with ADIF Master if your different callsigns are found in the ADIF file. If you wish, I can do it for you. Just send me your DX Commander ADIF file to support@swisslogforwindows.com and I will split your QSOs in 2 files, one for every operation (G0BON and G0BON/QRP).

Regarding RX_PWR, Swisslog imports the contents of this field in the COMMENTS field as "Power Partner Station = rx_power". You can see the contents of this field either by editing any QSO then go to the NOTES tab or in any logbook view containing this field. The default logbook query already implements this field. However, due to the data type of this field (Memo data type), you can't filter directly by the contents of the Note field in logbook views. 

This field is very specific and needs a little bit of extra work compared to all other fields for filtering purposes. So if you need to select some QSOs having a certain text in the NOTE field (in such case all QSO having the text "Power Partner"), you have to modify the query criterions to get access to the powerful query filters. Once in the Power query editor, double click on the NOTE field then go to the FILTER tab and in Filter 1 select:

Command : IS LIKE
Value 1: %Power Partner%

The % are wildcards. This filter will select all QSOs where the Power Partner text is found wherever is found in the NOTE field. You can save this query to be used in a future. Although the logbook view offers very advance filtering functions for most fields, using queries will give you a very advanced filtering options! Please read the Logbook Views chapter (specially "Using Queries") to know all the advanced and powerful tools this function offers.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any doubts.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
21-06-2021, 09:38 PM,
Many thanks for the comments Jordi.

As I have to have 2 Swisslog files, 1 for normal operation and one for QRP, can the Swisslog files be merged together after I have done all the customisation so I just end with one logbook file?
22-06-2021, 04:27 PM,
Hello,

You don't need to have different Swisslog databases for every callsign. I only suggest this if you are using a callsign from another DXCC entity although you can have statistic reports for every different MyQTH. If none is selected, all QSOs from all your MyQTHs count for the report. For that reason, I only suggest to use a different database in this specific case (but it's not mandatory).

You can import QSO and also MyQTHs from another Swisslog database. First of all, and very important, make sure you have set a different QTH abbreviation for your different MyQTH in both databases. Once you have done this, open what will be the main database then go to File > Import QSOs.. > Swisslog DB. Select the database you be imported in Source database. In the Selection parameters tab you can even select but QSO date, but in this case you don't need to touch anything. Leave the default settings (all bands/mode/My QTH selected). Then press Import button. All QSOs from the source database (including all the selected MyQTH) will be imported. Now you can discard the other database and use this one.

Having all your MyQTH in a signle database offers many advantages. Not only you will be able to display a specific statistic report for a single My QTH (or all) but also you can synchronise with LoTW and/or eQSL all your defined MyQTHs with a 2 mouse clicks. It doesn't matter how many of them you have defined. Once configured Lotw/eQSL synch properly, with 2 mouse clicks Swisslog will do all the work automatically.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog