Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Version (5.102) Callbook change
01-07-2021, 06:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 06:25 PM by EI4KF.)
RE: New Version (5.102) Callbook change
(01-07-2021, 04:33 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hi all,

In fact, there is no need to disable automatic copy. It depends on user preference. If you want to keep the historic, simply uncheck the Name and QTH fields in the Field copy instruction tab on the callbook options, This way when you enter a callsign having a new holder then name and QTH will be set the same as it was saved in your previous QSOs. If you prefer to use new names then check these boxes. That's simple!

Best 73

But then you do not get the most important Fields updated. So no it is not simple except that I have reverted to the previous version now. That works as it should - data is preserved, a vital attribute for any software, and manual entry of Name and QTH is not required which would in any case would be impossible with FT8 QSOs. 

Even more bizarre is that I have K4M in my log from Midway Island. But if I now work K4M that previous entry gets a QTH in Georgia, USA. The DXCC is preserved but the QSO entry reads Peachtree Corners, Midway Island. This was not properly thought through. In all previous versions the operator name and my QTH name of my 2009 QSO with K4M remains intact.

If ever common sense prevails, please let us know when it is safe to run newest versions. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Version (5.102) Callbook change - by EI4KF - 01-07-2021, 06:01 PM