Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY_IOTA and MY_IOTA_ISLAND_ID
12-08-2021, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 01:27 PM by JW6VDA.)
MY_IOTA and MY_IOTA_ISLAND_ID
As you know, I manage a couple of logs for stations situated in Svalbard (JW). Both are located on IOTA island EU-026.
How do I set the MY_IOTA and MY_IOTA_ISLAND_ID in those databases? (JW5E, JW6VDA)-

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.
12-08-2021, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2021, 04:56 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: MY_IOTA and MY_IOTA_ISLAND_ID
Hello Tom,

These fields are not implemented in Swisslog. I should add these fields in the MyQTH so user could set the IOTA for the MyQTH (if any). I will add it to the wish list but sincerely, you are the only one user requesting this. If you export into ADIF, once created the ADIF file with Swisslog you can add these fields with ADIFMaster easily.

For my knowledge: which software uses or request you these fields? 

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
12-08-2021, 05:37 PM,
RE: MY_IOTA and MY_IOTA_ISLAND_ID
(12-08-2021, 04:52 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Tom,

These fields are not implemented in Swisslog. I should add these fields in the MyQTH so user could set the IOTA for the MyQTH (if any). I will add it to the wish list but sincerely, you are the only one user requesting this. If you export into ADIF, once created the ADIF file with Swisslog you can add these fields with ADIFMaster easily.

For my knowledge: which software uses or request you these fields? 

Best 73

OK, fine if you put it in the wish list. Maybe there are not so many swisslog users operating from IOTA islands? 

I have no idea wether these fields are requested by any software or not, but I was going through ADIF 3.1.1 specifications and realised they are part of the standard. Operating from a IOTA island, I thought it would be nice for qsl purposes. For my JW qsl cards to be valid for the IOTA awards, the IOTA designation has to be printed on the card or the label. I do not know if IOTA recognises electronic qsls or not.  Anyway, it's no big deal really, I was just curious, and the idea of putting them into the MyQTH sounds great. 

I know ADIF Master can do this of course, but one thing I don't like about ADIF Master is that it seems to truncate the TIME field so that the seconds are dropped. So I only uses that software if I have no other option.

As always, grateful for your fantastic job with Swisslog, and your great support.

73 de Tom
Happy Swisslog user since 1989.

JW6VDA permanently may 1983 - august 1989 and august 2001 - august 2014.
LA6VDA 1989-2001.

Now OH6VDA since september 2014.