Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using 2 or more Notebooks with Swisslog
28-08-2021, 01:07 PM,
Using 2 or more Notebooks with Swisslog
Dear Jordi,

I use two or three notebooks with Swisslog and would like to keep them synchronized with the same QSOs.
How best to do this?
Can I send my QSO's to LOTW with any of the notebooks?
I noticed that when I import some QSO's from one notebook to another by marking the MERGE function, some fields are not updated, like for example the SAT Mode and the satellite used, in my case the QO-100.

With best regards,

Fernando Rodrigues
Brazil
28-08-2021, 02:00 PM,
RE: Using 2 or more Notebooks with Swisslog
Hello Fernando,

If you want to synchronise in both PC with LoTW, the best is to do the following (do this only once!):

- Install Swisslog in the other computer (PC B) in the same folder as main PC (PC A) (by default C:\Swisslog)
- Once installed, copy the full C:\Swisslog folder (including all subfolders) from PC A into PC B

This way both Swislsog will have the same setup. You will only have to adapt transceiver control setup if using different setup and arrange the Swisslog desktop if PC B has a different screen resolution. Of course you will have to install TQSL in PC B. Make a backup of your personal data in TQSL in your main PC (PC A). There is an option to do this. Then restore this file in TQSL in PC B. You will have both PCs with same TQSL setup and you will be able to synchronize in both computers.

You don't need to export/import into ADIF to keep your PC synchronised!! This is intended when you want to export into another software but if you are using Swisslog in both PC it's much easier! Please read the FAQ section in the Support menu of the web site (Database). From now on you simply have to copy the most updated database (SWLOG_V5.MDB file) from one PC into another. This way you will always have both computers with the same QSO without losing anything.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
28-08-2021, 02:13 PM,
Thank you so much Jordi!
I will follow his instructions to keep all my notebooks in sync.
What about Merge? Sometimes I operate on the QO-100 satellite with other logging software and when I import it to a notebook it's ok, the SAT mode information and the operated satellite appear, but when I merge from one notebook to the other it doesn't.
Shouldn't it show up?

73!

Fernando Rodrigues
Brazil
28-08-2021, 02:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-08-2021, 03:08 PM by py1fr.)
Dear Jordi,
My SWlog_V5.MDB file in DB directory is not up to date
I should use what I created when I installed Swisslog, the file is PY1FR_MB1.MDB
Is this file I should import between notebooks right?

73!
PY1FR,
Fernando Rodrigues
Niterói - Rio de Janeiro
Brazil
29-08-2021, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-08-2021, 01:03 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello,

The MERGE function is only for ADIF import! You DON'T need to export/import into ADIF ANYTHING. You have to COPY your Swisslog database from one PC into another, that's all! I told you SWLOG_V5 because is the default database file name. Of course if you use another, this is the database you have to move from one PC into another. That's all!

The MERGE function didn't include propagation mode and satellite name fields. I have uploaded a new beta adding both fields for merging, please read https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=936

However you don't need to use another logging software to log your QO-100 QSOs. In Swisslog you only have to enable the Satellite panel then select the satellite name and that's all. You need to disable for all other QSOs. I work satellites (not QO-100) with Swisslog perfectly. Please read this: https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...#Satellite

Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog