Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping of ADIF to Swisslog fields
07-11-2021, 12:45 PM,
Mapping of ADIF to Swisslog fields
Hello,
I am writing a small program to split some digital ADIF logs by QTH and adapt them for import and have 2 questions:

1. I understand that Swsslog knows how to assign ADID fields to Wisslog QSO fields, but knowing the mapping would be very helpful to me. I did not find it in the documentation neither in some filee. Is it possible to know the default mapping (ADIF field <-> QSO field), if possible in text format ?
  2. I understand I need a different QTH for each location (for example in portable). How about the Conditions ? Especially, I made tests with various antennas and power and it seems that the condition id in the QSO table is separate from the QTH id. However, when linking Swisslog and WSJTX, it adds the power in the comment field.  Is there a way to easiy add "Conditions" ? (I can also live with adding the power/antenna as a comment and use the condition only for specifying the rig).
Thanks
Jean-Marc
08-11-2021, 12:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 12:35 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Mapping of ADIF to Swisslog fields
Hello Jean-Marc,

If you are trying to develop this program for fun it's ok but you don't need to do it for Swisslog purposes. Mapping is internally defined in the code and it's a long list and I would need to extract it and adapt it because ADIF fields are defined in variables. So I would need my time to prepare this list.

If the RX_PWR field is found in the ADIF file it will be imported in the NOTES fields of the LOGBOOK table like this: Power Partner Station = xxx. All related to your conditions are saved in every MyQTH. That's the reason you have to select the MyQTH where you want to assign the imported QSOs in Swisslog. The key here is to split properly all QSOs in different ADIF files.

Before spending lot of time trying to develop an application to do this , I suggest you to use ADIF Master (https://www.dxshell.com/adif-master.html) which is an excellent application to handle ADIF files. For me it's a "must" tool for any amateur radio. You can filter and split your source ADIF file with different criterias (File / Open filtered). I use it often and it's an excellent tool to do this. You don't need to know the internal mapping Swisslog does for every ADIF file. Simply split your QSOs in different ADIF files with ADIF Master according how many different MyQTH / Conditions combinations you have in Swisslog. Then import every single file then assign it to the right My QTH / conditions combination.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog