Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem
23-01-2022, 03:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-01-2022, 03:33 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem
Hello Fernando,

I did a change for ICOM in this version to fit in all possible scenarios. Please review this setting according this explanation I added in the Transceiver Control section of the Swisslog help:

- Time between two TX-QRG queries in 1/10 seconds: Some TX do not send information when the QRG or the Mode is changed. Therefore SWISSLOG must periodically read these information. This interval defines the time between two reads. NOTE FOR ICOM: If CI-V Transceive parameter on your radio is ON, set 0 here to disable polling the transceiver. Set any value higher than 0 ONLY if the CI-V Transceive parameter is OFF.

Probably CI-V Transceive setting is OFF on your radio and you have set 0 in this field. In such case set 5 (500ms) or 10 (1s) and Swisslog will poll the transceiver to read mode and QRG periodically. I suggest to set CI-V Transceiver ON. This way radio will send QRG and mode to software ONLY when is changed and you avoid a lot of traffic in the COM port. Otherwise software has to poll radio periodically to read these values. Having several software working at once with the radio you are overloading the COM port with unnecessary traffic which may cause some issues.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog

Messages In This Thread
Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem - by py1fr - 23-01-2022, 02:28 PM
RE: Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem - by EA3GCV - 23-01-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem - by py1fr - 23-01-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: Win4IcomSuite and SwissLog Problem - by py1fr - 28-01-2022, 10:11 PM