Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedules impovement
11-02-2022, 02:02 PM,
Lightbulb  Schedules impovement
Maybe I'm not using schedules as intended or I may have overlooked something but it seems using schedules could be improved.

First of all, I haven't used schedules before and just set some up recently. What I do now is enter a callsign and date and select DX Alert. Whenever that call is spotted the DX Alerts window opens and the spot is shown... yeah, success. However, in my recently set up callsign alerts I don't want all the spots.
In practice:
I have set up alerts for several ON75*** stations I haven't worked yet. I would like to be alerted for ALL ON75 stations but only if they haven't been worked  on that band. So no alert if the call is already worked on the band/mode of the DXcluster spot.

Can this be added (or can this be done already using another method)?
73 de Maurice ON4BAM
Blog
12-02-2022, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2022, 02:16 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Schedules impovement
Hello Maurice,

Schedule function alert on the station regardless it has been previously worked or not. That is, there is no band or mode selection. Adding a band selection it's not easy. Adding a Mode filter it's much difficult because mode is calculated for the defined band plan or for some modes set in the spot comments (such as FT8, FT4, etc). Performing all these checkings may slow down a lot Swisslog in a high spot traffic scenario or in larger logbooks. Checking whether this callsign has been previously worked or not will add more complexity in the code. Of course, this would only work if you add a specific callsign as DX Alert. If you use wildcards these can't be done! I have to study this very carefully. But I will add this suggestion to the wish list. If I succeed, it would be a very interesting feature indeed.

Thank you!
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
13-02-2022, 12:20 AM,
Hi Jordi,

Thanks for looking into this.
One more request :-)
When starting Swisslog I sometimes request a sh/dx callsign (again for ON75xxx stations I still need), I then get a 30 of them going back days but they still get listed in the schedule window. Nothing wrong with that except when voice announcements are active, then there's a 2 minute stream of announcements of expired spots. I noticed this after using a few private command strings and getting 90 spots all being read out to me ;-)
It would be useful to limit the spots to a lower number of smaller timeframe. However I guess that would create the same problem (slowing things down) as you mentioned already.
73 de Maurice ON4BAM
Blog
18-02-2022, 09:36 AM,
Hi Maurice,

Unfortunately I can't solve this. Every spot is analysed as soon as it comes up (I have no way to know in advance how many spots will enter). So if user forces a SH/DX Swisslog will analize every spot and I have no way to to read only last 2 or 3 spots for voice announcements of any other action. You will have to deal with this as it is.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog