Swisslog's Forum
Problem with QSO End Time - Printable Version

+- Swisslog's Forum (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Swisslog version 5.x (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Problem with QSO End Time (/showthread.php?tid=591)

Pages: 1 2

Problem with QSO End Time - py1fr - 03-05-2019

Since April 14 the QSO end time saved in my Log is completely different from the UTC or local time. The start time is ok.
How do I solve this?
73!

Fernando Rodrigues
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
PY1FR

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - PY5HOT - 04-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 02:44 PM)py1fr Wrote: Since April 14 the QSO end time saved in my Log is completely different from the UTC or local time. The start time is ok.
How do I solve this?
73!

Fernando Rodrigues
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
PY1FR

Hello Fernando

i have same problem here. end time is not okey, i try change setup on entry qso, option ... but any setup the
end time is wrong.
i don´t know if problem is on suisslog or suisslog with windows region.
wait some answer from Jordi

PY5HOT Mike

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - EI4KF - 04-05-2019

Mike has a picture to show an example of the problem:

Click to enlarge. As you can see, the end time is not a round number of hours out so it is very strange. Real-time logging is enabled.

It happens only with logging from JTDX, not with manual logging which is ok. I cannot reproduce it using JTDX here.

Erik

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - py1fr - 04-05-2019

Hi!
The problem occurs using TCP (only JTDX), as Digital Modes Interface. When I use UDP the End Time is correct.

73!

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - EA3GCV - 04-05-2019

Hello,

I have reviewed all my QSOs logged from JTDX and I have no problem in the QSO End Time. When logging from WSJT-X/JTDX, QSO Start / End Time are sent by WSJT-X / JTDX (real time is disabled temporally just before saving the QSO to allow WSJT-X / JTDX to set the QSO Start / End Time). You can see this clearly because the yellow background of the QSO Date /Time fields become white for a short time while saving from WSJT-X then become yellow again after saving (this happens if you have realtime logging enabled in Swisslog). Please review these QSOs in the WSJT-X ADI Log to see if QSO Times are correctly saved there, but I'm unabled to reproduce this issue here.

Best 73

Hi Many thanks for your report.
The wsjt-x adif log times is correct.
As I said, the problem occurs only in TCP mode, with JTDX.

73!

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - EA3GCV - 04-05-2019

Hi all,

Yes you are right! The TCP link don't send the QSO End time so I need to set it equal to the Start Time to avoid this issue. I have just uploaded a Beta correcting this, simply download and replace the EXE:

www.swisslogforwindows.com/Beta/SwisslV5.exe

However I highly recommend you to use the UDP link because it offers much more possibilities than the TCP link.

Best 73

Hi Jordi!
Many thanks!
73!

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - F5PEQ - 10-06-2019

Hi Jordy,
Back into Ham Radio after nearly a year of silence, uploaded last Swisslog ( 5.99b ) and JTDX ( v2.0.1-rc137_3) versions and noticed that Start time and End time are the same. So I replaced the EXE file as written above : still the same behaviour ….
I checked old digital QSO's in Swisslog ( previous version ) : Start time and End Time were correct and different .
Does'it come from Swisslog or JTDX ? Should I return back to an older version ?

Any advice ?

73 de Patrice F5PEQ

RE: Problem with QSO End Time - EA3GCV - 12-06-2019

Hi Patrice,

If you use the TCP link between Swisslog and JTDX, End Time is set to Start Time because JTDX is not sending the End Time. I highly recommend you to use the UDP link where End Time is sent and you get other benefits. Please read the Digital modes interface > WSJT-X / JTDX operation in the Swisslog help.

Reinstall 5.99b. The beta explained in this thread is older than 5.99b.

Best 73