Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error message in 5.100a
22-07-2020, 09:14 AM,
Error message in 5.100a
I have on desktop transceiver control window. When started SWL and SWL tried to open transceiver control window I got error (see atached picture). Automatic CAT control not working and transceiver control window change position. After confirmation error and manual start of CAT all working ok.

73 de Miro, S52RA

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

22-07-2020, 09:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-07-2020, 09:22 AM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Error message in 5.100a
Hello Miro,

I need more details: how is your setup with Swisslog? COM port direct? OmniRig? I guess you are using a external program like OmniRig or HRD and there is a communication problem. If you use OmniRig or HRD it's very important both programs run having the same privileges. If you run Swislsog as administrator, make sure the external program is also running as administrator. Otherwise there will be communication problems and that's the reason of the error.

Also it's very important to add exceptions to Swisslog and the external program used for CAT control in your antivirus and firewall (I suggest to add exceptions to all programs linked with Swislsog like WSJT-X, JTDX, MixW, etc). Otherwise it may interfere and cause communication problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
22-07-2020, 10:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-07-2020, 10:53 AM by S52RA.)
(22-07-2020, 09:21 AM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello Miro,

I need more details: how is your setup with Swisslog? COM port direct? OmniRig? I guess you are using a external program like OmniRig or HRD and there is a communication problem. If you use OmniRig or HRD it's very important both programs run having the same privileges. If you run Swislsog as administrator, make sure the external program is also running as administrator. Otherwise there will be communication problems and that's the reason of the error.

Also it's very important to add exceptions to Swisslog and the external program used for CAT control in your antivirus and firewall (I suggest to add exceptions to all programs linked with Swislsog like WSJT-X, JTDX, MixW, etc). Otherwise it may interfere and cause communication problems.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

To version 5.100 (5.100 i didn't try) all working perfect. For cat I'm using Omnirig v2.1. I tried to run first omnirig and than swisslog as administrator but without succes. I add swisslog and omnirig exception to firewall, again without succes. It's strange that after error confirmation change windows position and all working as must. I also tried with dissabled antivirus and firewall again without succes. I also tried direct cat and now I did't get error, only windows position was changed. But now is another problem, if I click on spot with qrg 7,140 MHz go transceiver to 0,714 MHz. Not same on all spots, some spot are ok.

73's de Miro
22-07-2020, 01:13 PM,
Hi Miro,

Please contact me via whatsapp +34656409020 to check via Teamviewer but this should work perfectly. I have tested OmniRig v2 here without problems.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
30-07-2020, 02:09 PM,
Error In Export log to WSJT-x/JTDX

Vy 73 de OZ1DSD  Mogens
31-07-2020, 02:50 AM,
Hello Mogens,

Which error? Please be specific! I have just tested and works perfectly. In fact I run this function often and I have never had any issue. Please make sure you have correctly the log path. Swisslog sets the default path used for log data in WSJT-X and JTDX.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV