Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLUSTER and STATISTICS
10-04-2014, 05:34 PM,
CLUSTER and STATISTICS
Hello

I will be usning SWL for general logging at home and want to know if any way to setup a cluster to filter the stations I need in any band/mode slot and this one´s that use LOTW

thanks,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W
22-04-2014, 06:38 PM,
RE: CLUSTER and STATISTICS
Hi Jorge,

I don't understand exactly your question... Do you mean that you want to filter cluster message needed only for Lotw??

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
27-04-2014, 11:22 AM,
Maybe I have a question that is related to that. In the DX cluster we can see by color what we have worked or not. My question is if we can seperate modes also? So we can see also if we have worked the station in SSB or/and CW?? Now I can only see the "DXCC" statistic in mode SSB AND CW...
30-04-2014, 09:15 AM,
Hello,

In the DX Cluster Window you can set a band/mode filter. You can create as many DX Cluster windows as different band/mode selection you need.

The problem is that the DXCC statistic counts all modes together. Example: if you have confirmed EA on SSB in 15m and you need it on CW in the same band, when a spot for a EA station in CW will give "C" as result (even if you have set the filter in the Dx Cluster window).

The best way to solve this is to create a separated DXCC statistic which only counts the mode you want, just to be used in the Dx Cluster window. You should create as many DXCC statistics as different modes you want to filter in the Dx Cluster window.

Regarding the CX6VM question, if you want to know if a certain spot is needed only for the LotW, you should add the DXCC LOTW statistic in the
DX Cluster window.

If you don't know how to create an specific DXCC for each mode please let me know and I will try to create it for you.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a couple of new statistics (DXCC CW and DXCC RTTY) and made them available in the next updater for all Swisslog users...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
30-04-2014, 09:15 AM,
Hello,

In the DX Cluster Window you can set a band/mode filter. You can create as many DX Cluster windows as different band/mode selection you need.

The problem is that the DXCC statistic counts all modes together. Example: if you have confirmed EA on SSB in 15m and you need it on CW in the same band, when a spot for a EA station in CW will give "C" as result (even if you have set the filter in the Dx Cluster window).

The best way to solve this is to create a separated DXCC statistic which only counts the mode you want, just to be used in the Dx Cluster window. You should create as many DXCC statistics as different modes you want to filter in the Dx Cluster window.

Regarding the CX6VM question, if you want to know if a certain spot is needed only for the LotW, you should add the DXCC LOTW statistic in the
DX Cluster window.

If you don't know how to create an specific DXCC for each mode please let me know and I will try to create it for you.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create a couple of new statistics (DXCC CW and DXCC RTTY) and made them available in the next updater for all Swisslog users...

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
01-05-2014, 05:52 PM,
Hello Jordi!

Thanks for your reply indeed!
Well I saw that I can select a statistic in the menu DX cluster when I click on it on the right button, but my created statistic is not included in that list. Must I go to the item "View" then "statistic" and click on "New" below, or create it in the menu "Edit" and than "define statistic"? Is it possible to create a "DXCC_CW"; "DXCC_SSB" and "DXCC_RTTY" statistic, so I can run 3 cluster windows or combine them into one? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05-05-2014, 01:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014, 08:41 AM by EA3GCV.)
Hi all,

You have created a Report instead of a new statistic. In order to make things easy I have made all the work for all of you...

Follow these steps:

1. Download the new statistic file: http://www.spanish.icap.ch/SWLSTAT.MDB
2. Copy this file in the Swisslog folder (overwriting the existing one).
3. You will now have 3 new standard statistics: DXCC-SSB, DXCC-CW and DXCC-RTTY
4. You have to open 3 different DX Cluster windows, one for each mode: In the first one you have to only select the statistic DXCC-SSB and select the bands you want but ONLY check the SSB mode. Apply a Title Height of 75 otehrwise you will only see DXCC as title instead of DXCC-SSB.
5. Open a second DX Cluster window, select only the DXCC-CW statistic, the bands you want and ONLY check the CW mode. Apply a Title Height of 75 otherwise you will only see DXCC as title instead of DXCC-CW.
6. Open a third DX Cluster window, select only the DXCC-RTTY statistic, the bands you want and ONLY check the RTTY mode. Apply a Title Height of 75 otherwise you will only see DXCC as title instead of DXCC-RTTY.
7. It's important that you have a well defined band plan in Edit | Edit band plan so that Swisslog can filter by frequency when a DX spot is received to know the right mode based on the frequency. This is also useful for rig control. So you have to define all frequency ranges for each mode in each band. By default the clean database included in the installer has a well defined band plan for the IARU Region 1 (Europe, Africa, Middle East and Northern Asia based in SSB, CW and RTTY modes.

You will have to check the different DX Cluster windows depending the mode you want to check the statistic status for each band.

I hope I have explained all this clear enough. If you have any doubt don't hesitate to contact me.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
06-05-2014, 07:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-05-2014, 07:49 PM by CX6VM.)
THANKS very much Jordi

now I have it working. So now with an antenna at home will try to fill any band slot for DXCC :-)

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

(05-05-2014, 01:41 PM)ea3gcv Wrote: Hi all,

You have created a Report instead of a new statistic. In order to make things easy I have made all the work for all of you...

Follow these steps:

1. Download the new statistic file: http://www.spanish.icap.ch/SWLSTAT.MDB
2. Copy this file in the Swisslog folder (overwriting the existing one).
3. You will now have 3 new standard statistics: DXCC-SSB, DXCC-CW and DXCC-RTTY
4. You have to open 3 different DX Cluster windows, one for each mode: In the first one you have to only select the statistic DXCC-SSB and select the bands you want but ONLY check the SSB mode. Apply a Title Height of 75 otehrwise you will only see DXCC as title instead of DXCC-SSB.
5. Open a second DX Cluster window, select only the DXCC-CW statistic, the bands you want and ONLY check the CW mode. Apply a Title Height of 75 otherwise you will only see DXCC as title instead of DXCC-CW.
6. Open a third DX Cluster window, select only the DXCC-RTTY statistic, the bands you want and ONLY check the RTTY mode. Apply a Title Height of 75 otherwise you will only see DXCC as title instead of DXCC-RTTY.
7. It's important that you have a well defined band plan in Edit | Edit band plan so that Swisslog can filter by frequency when a DX spot is received to know the right mode based on the frequency. This is also useful for rig control. So you have to define all frequency ranges for each mode in each band. By default the clean database included in the installer has a well defined band plan for the IARU Region 1 (Europe, Africa, Middle East and Northern Asia based in SSB, CW and RTTY modes.

You will have to check the different DX Cluster windows depending the mode you want to check the statistic status for each band.

I hope I have explained all this clear enough. If you have any doubt don't hesitate to contact me.

Best 73

Jordi

what seems is not working well is WAS statistic, because in DX Message windows, appears ans needed all spots, also the spots for non USA callsigns, and the sound alert activate with any spot, really a mess of audio alerts :-)

JOrge
CX6VM/CW5W

(30-04-2014, 09:15 AM)ea3gcv Wrote: Hello,

DX Cluster window.

Best 73
09-05-2014, 06:36 PM,
        Great stuff Jordi!!!!

I have it working now and it works just great! I don't know why I have to open 3 different Cluster windows because as you can see he devites everything accourding to the bandplan!! There is one problem in the menu of edit the bandplan and that is the band 17 meters. I can not change this, I don't know why. As you can see I edited also RTTY to the bandplan. Can you see what's the problem. See
19-05-2014, 10:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 19-05-2014, 10:46 PM by CX6VM.)
DX Messages working very well

Just want to know if it´s possible to "mark" the spots of LOTW users, maybe with a diferent color or a column that say LOTW USER.

I know is a TXT file in the web that some people use for that.

thanks
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W