Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW version 5.105
17-08-2022, 04:11 PM,
NEW version 5.105
Dear users,

I have just released version 5.105 implementing interesting news and correcting important bugs.

Please read the full list of corrections HERE. It's VERY IMPORTANT to upgrade!

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
19-08-2022, 12:29 PM,
RE: NEW version 5.105
Hello Jordi,

many thanks for the new version.

After installing I have an issue with the map tending to show worked Gird Squares. Ewen if I disable it for a specific band, it is again enabled, when I return to this band.
Any advice how to set it up?

Best regards

George OK2KG
19-08-2022, 11:42 PM,
Hello George,

Make sure you have enabled the Save desktop at exit option. This will save all your settings when you exit Swisslog. Or you can press the Save EnV button in the World Map Options to save your changes.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
19-08-2022, 11:47 PM,
Hi Jordi.

Can I raise a different issue? With the new version, the DX Messages window seems to be quite slow to refresh when there is a new spot. However, if I uncheck the facility to show lotw/eqsl users, the speed returns to normal. I have checked this with the new facility to check for US states and also closed most other windows but this does not make a difference. The slower refresh only occurs when using the check for lotw/eqsl users.

Reg
G3WPF
21-08-2022, 11:48 PM,
Hello Reg,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue here and I have not received any reports. I also show LoTW/eQSL and US States. Please do the following:

- Go to Tools / For experts only > Open Stat db then select the SWLSTAT.MDB file which is in the C:\Swisslog folder
- Go to File / Compress database

Ensure you have an exception added to the Swisslog folder in your antivirus and also in your firewall. Sometimes, when there is a new update the antivirus believe the executable has been changed due to a virus and causes issues.

Make also sure you don't have this line in the SwisslV5.ini file, in the COMMON section:

SkipDXWinRefreshing=1

It's OK if you have this parameter as 0 or if you don't have this parameter. Setting it as 1 will skip an improved code I applied some versions ago to speed up the DX message window.

If you still have issues please contact me via whatsapp to +34 656409020 to arrange a remote Teamviewer session and see what may happen.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
22-08-2022, 12:32 AM,
Hi Jordi.

Thanks. I did a compress database and all seems well now. The exception for Swisslog in the firewall was OK but I seemed to have lost the exception that was in the antivirus. I have established it again now. I do not have the line in the COMMON section.

I have noticed the same behaviour with my laptop so I will fire it up tomorrow and apply the same process. I only use the laptop version when I operate from France but I have not done that for some time.

Once again, many thanks.

Reg
G3WPF
23-08-2022, 12:28 PM,
(19-08-2022, 11:42 PM)EA3GCV Wrote: Hello George,

Make sure you have enabled the Save desktop at exit option. This will save all your settings when you exit Swisslog. Or you can press the Save EnV  button in the World Map Options to save your changes.

Best 73

Hello Jordi,

thanks for advice. Desktop is saved all the time, tried allso to save the EnV in Map Options, but still the same. Each time i restart Swisslog, or even change band the worked squares are here again.

Best regards

George OK2KG
23-08-2022, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-08-2022, 01:18 PM by EA3GCV.)
Hello George,

In order to avoid displaying grids, you have to select NONE in the Gridsquare field. However, keep in mind that if you have the CAT button pressed, DXCC and Gridsquare fields will be filled out with current radio band. You can select NONE again in the gridsquare field but if you change band then this field will select automacally current band. I guess this is your case. I suggest you to disable CAT button or you will have to select NONE everytime you change band.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV