Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siwsslog does not start without internet
10-04-2024, 02:20 PM,
Siwsslog does not start without internet
Hi,
have an outage of internet on my main computer.
Tried to start swisslog, but got errors:
Errorwindow:  11001: [11001] Host not found
Swisslog main window builds up, then next error: An Error occoured Swisslog will be terminated , Initializing failed. Clicking OK stopps swisslog and that'S all.

Torsten
10-04-2024, 11:18 PM,
RE: Siwsslog does not start without internet
Hi Torsten,

Review you have exceptions to the Swisslog folder in your antivirus and allow all incoming/outgoing communications to the SwisslV5.exe file in your firewall. Also apply the instructions given in the Support > FAQ section "Swisslg is not launching at all":

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/faq-de.html

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
11-04-2024, 07:33 AM,
nothing changed here, only internet outage as ISP changed. so the computer does not have any host information through DNS
11-04-2024, 06:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2024, 06:11 PM by EA3GCV.)
This error is related to DNS address or firewall blockings. Can you navigate through internet? Review your ethernet card properties, maybe you have set a DNS server address manually which can't be reached due to the change of ISP. Try to set it as Automatic. Check your ethernet adapter settings, router settings, firewall and antivirus.

If Swisslog detecting internet connection? In order to know if you have internet connection, Swisslog checks if you can reach https://www.google.com. If this fails (for example, for countries where Google is forbidden), it checks for https://www.amnesty.org/en/.

If all this fails check if you have access to the Swisslog website. In case you still have issues you should contact your ISP provider to know what may happen.

Jordi, EA3GCV
12-04-2024, 10:12 AM,
it is not related to the internet connection. I know it is down as the router is disconnected from internet cable, but switch inside is working and there is no dhcp error or ethernet disconnection (so having no 169.xxx adress)
Swisslog does here not start as the connection check or DNS resolver does not reply any information.
Would be fine to disable the internet check so the programm can start without DNS or on LAN w.o. ISP.

p.s.: I am working as an IT professional in network architecture and monitoring ;-)
12-04-2024, 12:23 PM,
Hello Torsten,

Swisslog only checks with a boolean fuction to know if user have access to internet or not. If it fails it returns false and the button to display internet connection will display the no connection logo. But Swisslog starts and works normally if no internet connection. Keep in mind that if you have set a Telnet server to start automatically, Swisslog checks periodically if there is internet connection to start the connection. Is Swislsog detecting you have internet connection? only in such case and if Telnet server is not reachable, you could get errors. review if you are connecting to a Telnet server and you have the Auto Start option checked.

However I have just uploaded a new beta version where I have improved internet checking. But I have checked here without internet connection and no errors at all even setting Auto Start to a Telnet server. No other users are experiencing this so it's all very weird. Check the Telnet server settings and let me know if Swisslog is detecting internet connection or not.

Jordi, EA3GCV
16-04-2024, 12:17 AM,
Hello Torsten.

I have been able to reproduce and fix this bug! Download latest beta:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...php?fid=27

Jordi, EA3GCV