Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time adjustment
08-10-2018, 12:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 12:36 PM by G4DWV.)
Time adjustment
Hi,

I installed Swisslog (SL) yesterday. I am having trouble setting the time offset. The time in the add QSO window keeps changing depending on the location of the other station. I just want UTC to display. I have not found any instructions on how to enter values in the time offset box. The UK is still on summer time so are one hour ahead of UTC, but the box will not accept +1, only 1, which does not help as -1 is also a valid entry. A "1" on its own does not say if one is ahead of or behind UTC. So what do I put in that box please?

During installation, there was a boz which said that UAC needs to be disabled if installation in C:\Program Folder (x86) is required. That would be a good place to say that SL needs to be run as admin in that case. I do not recall seeing that.

73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT
08-10-2018, 05:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2018, 05:16 PM by EA3GCV.)
RE: Time adjustment
Hello Guy,

The Time Diff field located just below the Continent field is calculated automatically. As indicated in the Swisslog help:

"Time difference to UTC at your QSO partner's QTH. This value is obtained from the country table, or from the Callbook-CD".

This is a direct link to the online help for that field:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/engli...medifField

If you press F1 while in the QTH page of the Add QSO function you are redirected to see the related help where all fields are explained.

You have to set your time difference to UTC of your QTH in the MY QTH definitions (In the Add QSO window, select the MyQTH page and press the button "Detail/New". This is the place to set your callsign, name, QTH and also your time difference to UTC (among other important info like your working conditions or event).

In current version there is a bug and you can't set negative numbers. I posted a thread in the forum (in the "New versions and other Swisslog related news" section) with title "Important Please Read!". Please read this thread where I explain the bug and you will find a link to download a patch correcting this:

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/forum...hp?tid=496

This bug only affects users located in time zones where local time is -1 to -12 from UTC. If using positive values, do not set the plus sign. Please read the above link and replace the Swisslv5.exe. You will be able to enter -1. But again, remember that all info regarding your location, must be entered in the MyQTH. If there is a mismatch in the time difference to UTC between the windows settings and the one defined in your MyQTH, Swisslog will display a box prompting user to choose which one must be used in the current session.

The first screen of the installer shows the info about disabling UAC and also the need to run as administrator. Run the installer again and you will see it. The box is called "IMPORTANT INFORMATION".

If you need further information don't hesitate to post a new message or send me an e-mail to support@swisslogforwindow.scom

Best 73 and sorry for the inconveniences.
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog