Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SWL not running any more !!!!
07-08-2023, 06:17 PM,
SWL not running any more !!!!
Hello Jordi,

All of a sudden,opening my pc (win 10),clicking on the SWL icon ,SWL does not run !!!!
Uninstalled and re-installed the SWL,unfortunately SWL is NOT RESPONDING.
No error message.

Any suggestion on this please ???

thanks in advance
SV1FTY - Sotiris
07-08-2023, 06:44 PM,
RE: SWL not running any more !!!!
Hello,

Keep calm! Read the FAQ section and the item "Swisslog is not launching at all":

https://www.swisslogforwindows.com/faq.html

Follow all the instructions and it will run again.

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog
07-08-2023, 07:54 PM,
Photo  RE: SWL not running any more !!!!
Tnx Jordi for prompt reply but
unfortunately unlucky !!!!

although Ι put an exception in DEP the problem remains.
looking in task manager I show that CPU percentage for
SWL was 28% and power use VERY HIGH,

Thats all.

TNX again

PS
exceptions in windows firewall and antivirus as well
07-08-2023, 11:54 PM,
RE: SWL not running any more !!!!
Hello,

Add exceptions to the Swisslog folder and also allow all outgoing/incoming communications to the Swisslog executable in your firewall (SwisslV5.exe). Often most antivirus tend to block and interfere Swisslog activity so adding exceptions is a must.

Another common issue is not coming from Swisslog but the operating system. With no software running, just when you have just started your computer, press Ctrl+Alt+Supr then select Task Manager. go to the Performance tab and check the CPU usage. Under normal conditions it should be around 0-5% with some higher peaks. If CPU load in standby is more than 50% then there is problem in your operating system Probably corrupted system files or often a stuck update. If this is your case, contact me again and I will give you instructions how to fix this. In such cases, Swisslog is only "complaining" that the operating system has an issue.

If you are still in trouble I can check it out via Anydesk or Teamviewer. Contact me directly to support@swisslogforwindows.com or send me a whatsapp message (check the contact section in the website).

Best 73
Jordi, EA3GCV
Current developer of Swisslog